11-23-2012, 05:12 PM #1
slim355
You talkin to me?
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); The Problem
This fix is for those that get "Server Unavailable" on all their accounts,
Primary, Secondary & brand new accounts, while playing legit copies of blops 2 on OFW.

The Reason

• Blops 2 is checking for improperly signed Software & possibly patches that don't match their sha1 hash
  • This appears to be what was blocking me from the servers & giving me a cooldown period of 48-72 hours before I could next download the hotfix for 5 minutes before endless "Server Unavailable"

The Fix

1. (Tested) Simply put in a blank HDD/ Format your HDD
  2. (Tested) You must delete all homebrew & possibly modified patches

Notes

• You will probably need to wait until the end of your latest ban/cooldown (I had to wait 2 days)
  • You must login or register to view this content. may work for those of you playing backups, though I don't recommend it due to console bans etc.
  • Your Primary Account might never get back online.
  • Regarding Fix #2: You may only need to delete homebrew installed on the XMB (Multiman, Awesome File Manager, Blackbox FTP etc etc)

tl;dr

So I have been getting the
"Error Server Unavailable" since launch. :|

Haven't got into a game for more than maybe 2 minutes.
Having the hotfix for 5 minutes total each time & receiving a cooldown period whereby I cannot download the hotfix again for 48-72 hours, on all my accounts. New, Old, Primary or Secondary.

After seeing this post on callofduty.com by a moderator.

Originally posted by https

Mandatory Information to Include

- What type of PS3 do you have.

- Any user modifications to your console.

- When and where does this happen.

- What region you are in + Blu-Ray Code

• I remembered that I have things like "awesome file manager" & modified mw2 patches on the ps3 from previous data transfers.
  • I guessed that Black Ops 2 was scanning the HDD for improperly signed Software.
  • (You can actually check this on DEX firmware)
  • It is also possible that Blops 2 is checking the sha1sum of patches on your console.
  • You can see the HDD light flashing when you attempt to connect to Blops2 MP servers.
  • If modified/corrupt software or patches are installed you are blocked from the server.

So, I popped a blank HDD in the ps3 2 days ago & it would not connect,
It also would not connect yesterday, but now today I have played for 3 hours non-stop.
Changing between zombies & MP downloading the hotfix Multiple times.
Last edited by slim355 ; 11-30-2012 at 10:52 PM.

The following 10 users say thank you to slim355 for this useful post:

.BrainzModding, Baby-panama, DeezShinyNutz, DEXMoDzFTW, eddine67, Meatwad, theRealMotegi, TONEY777, undergroundhavn, Zwiik
11-23-2012, 05:45 PM #11
slim355
You talkin to me?
Originally posted by Meatwad View Post
I mean nowhere in there TOS or w/e it's called did it say it may check for unsigned software and temporarily ban you. If that's not the case, what else could it be?

Its sick isn't it!

Kind of explains why Treyarch/Activision have not addressed the issue.
Sneaky fukkers
11-23-2012, 06:20 PM #12
spudeeelad
I defeated!
Originally posted by Meatwad View Post
Yeah my dad's at Best Buy and decided to buy me a new PS3 so I can try that and play with him. I guess it'll work but it's complete BS that this is happening to us. I mean nowhere in there TOS or w/e it's called did it say it may check for unsigned software and temporarily ban you. If that's not the case, what else could it be?

Excellent. It would be highly appreciated if you could post feedback on whether the new PS3 makes a difference and whether it works on your main account.

---------- Post added at 06:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:14 PM ----------

Originally posted by slim355 View Post
Summarised

• Blops 2 is checking for improperly signed Software & patches that don't match their sha1 hash
  • This appears to be what was blocking me from the servers & giving me a cooldown period of 48-72 hours before I could next download the hotfix for 5 minutes before endless "Server Unavailable"

The Fix

1. (Tested) Simply put in a blank HDD
  2. (Untested) You must delete all homebrew & modified patches
  3. Note: You will probably need to wait until the end of your latest ban/cooldown (I had to wait 2 days)

tl;dr

Having the hotfix for 5 minutes total each time & receiving a cooldown period whereby I cannot download the hotfix again for 48-72 hours, on all my accounts. New, Old, Primary or Secondary.

• I remembered that I have things like "awesome file manager" & modified mw2 patches on the ps3 from previous data transfers.
  • I guessed that Black Ops 2 was scanning the HDD for improperly signed Software.
  • It is also possible that Blops 2 is checking the sha1sum of patches on your console.
  • You can see the HDD light flashing when you attempt to connect to Blops2 MP servers.
  • If modified/corrupt software or patches are installed you are blocked from the server.

It also would not connect yesterday, but now today I have played for 3 hours non-stop.

Ok, so rather than delete homebrew and shit. I am trying a complete format of my harddrive. I haven't tried playing the game since last night, so in theory, 24 hours have already passed. I will try again tomorrow night and then if that doesn't work, I will try again Sunday night. If it does work, great, if not, I shall have to do a data transfer to restore my shit, but thats not a big deal. Will post updates accordingly.

The following 2 users say thank you to spudeeelad for this useful post:

slim355, theycallmeryan
11-23-2012, 06:24 PM #13
Meatwad
Meatman
Originally posted by spudeeelad View Post
Excellent. It would be highly appreciated if you could post feedback on whether the new PS3 makes a difference and whether it works on your main account.

Ok so I started from a clean PS3, updated to 4.31, and linked a completely new account. I loaded Blops 2 and went to play online and it connected to the servers all fine and dandy. However I tried connecting to the servers with accounts that are "banned" (meaning they don't connect to the servers on my PS3 that can't connect) and those didn't connect at all. I decided to try the new account again and it still connected. I will wait till Sunday and try my other accounts that are "banned" and see if after 2 days they can connect on a clean PS3. If they can this will hopefully shed some light on this issue.

The following user thanked Meatwad for this useful post:

slim355
11-23-2012, 06:31 PM #14
eddine67
Bounty hunter
Did you do Restore PS3 system or just formating ?
11-23-2012, 07:13 PM #15
Rxbby
Haxor!
I tried this immediately after getting the error, i dont know if the "cooldown ban" stopped me connecting if there is one but i deleted all my homebrew and app and formatted my HDD. It didnt do anything, unless like you said i had to wait for the cooldown/ban to go but i was only able to connect after changing my DNS servers to the best i could have. Even after that it only let me play for a few hours befor it gave me the 20.0-1 again. Try using namebench like i did and changing your primary DNS to the best for you, it will proberally let you play for a bit. :cry:
11-23-2012, 08:12 PM #16
Zwiik
I defeated!
Originally posted by slim355 View Post
Summarised

• Blops 2 is checking for improperly signed Software & patches that don't match their sha1 hash

The Fix

1. (Tested) Simply put in a blank HDD/ Format your HDD
  2. (Untested) You must delete all homebrew & modified patches
  3. Note: You will probably need to wait until the end of your latest ban/cooldown (I had to wait 2 days)

tl;dr

I can confirm this working! I cannot believe that they are actually checking for things that aren't even relevant to their game though.
11-23-2012, 08:19 PM #17
eddine67
Bounty hunter
Please can someone answer, Restore PS3 or only Formating ?
11-23-2012, 08:28 PM #18
DEXMoDzFTW
Vault dweller
Thanks this actually worked for me ive been trying to connect since release
11-23-2012, 08:40 PM #19
so what do you guys do you still playing from a backup or original disk? can we put multiman only on the ps3?

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo