11-23-2012, 05:12 PM #1
slim355
You talkin to me?
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); The Problem
This fix is for those that get "Server Unavailable" on all their accounts,
Primary, Secondary & brand new accounts, while playing legit copies of blops 2 on OFW.

The Reason

• Blops 2 is checking for improperly signed Software & possibly patches that don't match their sha1 hash
  • This appears to be what was blocking me from the servers & giving me a cooldown period of 48-72 hours before I could next download the hotfix for 5 minutes before endless "Server Unavailable"

The Fix

1. (Tested) Simply put in a blank HDD/ Format your HDD
  2. (Tested) You must delete all homebrew & possibly modified patches

Notes

• You will probably need to wait until the end of your latest ban/cooldown (I had to wait 2 days)
  • You must login or register to view this content. may work for those of you playing backups, though I don't recommend it due to console bans etc.
  • Your Primary Account might never get back online.
  • Regarding Fix #2: You may only need to delete homebrew installed on the XMB (Multiman, Awesome File Manager, Blackbox FTP etc etc)

tl;dr

So I have been getting the
"Error Server Unavailable" since launch. :|

Haven't got into a game for more than maybe 2 minutes.
Having the hotfix for 5 minutes total each time & receiving a cooldown period whereby I cannot download the hotfix again for 48-72 hours, on all my accounts. New, Old, Primary or Secondary.

After seeing this post on callofduty.com by a moderator.

Originally posted by https

Mandatory Information to Include

- What type of PS3 do you have.

- Any user modifications to your console.

- When and where does this happen.

- What region you are in + Blu-Ray Code

• I remembered that I have things like "awesome file manager" & modified mw2 patches on the ps3 from previous data transfers.
  • I guessed that Black Ops 2 was scanning the HDD for improperly signed Software.
  • (You can actually check this on DEX firmware)
  • It is also possible that Blops 2 is checking the sha1sum of patches on your console.
  • You can see the HDD light flashing when you attempt to connect to Blops2 MP servers.
  • If modified/corrupt software or patches are installed you are blocked from the server.

So, I popped a blank HDD in the ps3 2 days ago & it would not connect,
It also would not connect yesterday, but now today I have played for 3 hours non-stop.
Changing between zombies & MP downloading the hotfix Multiple times.
Last edited by slim355 ; 11-30-2012 at 10:52 PM.

The following 10 users say thank you to slim355 for this useful post:

.BrainzModding, Baby-panama, DeezShinyNutz, DEXMoDzFTW, eddine67, Meatwad, theRealMotegi, TONEY777, undergroundhavn, Zwiik
11-26-2012, 01:54 AM #47
Meatwad
Meatman
Yeah so I just tried my other accounts and none of them worked, so yeah, dunno what's up. Plus having Activision Support not respond to my ticket after 9 days is no fun.
11-26-2012, 07:38 AM #48
slim355
You talkin to me?
Originally posted by Meatwad View Post
Yeah so I just tried my other accounts and none of them worked, so yeah, dunno what's up. Plus having Activision Support not respond to my ticket after 9 days is no fun.

Can you play if you start with a blank HDD & new account?

I'm back playing on my original HDD with all my DLC & installed games etc.
I deleted the old homebrew apps & deleted the modified mw2 and waw patches.
I can play on all accounts again, except the primary. :'(

Better than not being able to play at all though.
11-26-2012, 03:10 PM #49
Meatwad
Meatman
Originally posted by slim355 View Post
Can you play if you start with a blank HDD & new account?

I'm back playing on my original HDD with all my DLC & installed games etc.
I deleted the old homebrew apps & deleted the modified mw2 and waw patches.
I can play on all accounts again, except the primary. :'(

Better than not being able to play at all though.

Well now I have 2 PS3s, one with modified patches and homebrews that's "banned" and the other that was bought on Friday and perfectly clean. I was able to get on that new PS3 with a new account and for the most part I could not get online with my accounts that are "banned" from the BO 2 servers even though I waited 48 hours, so I'll just wait 72 more hours and try again or something. So yeah, I still can't get online with my primary account which is frustrating and still no word from Activision Support...
11-27-2012, 05:04 PM #50
forflah123
Who’s Jim Erased?
Originally posted by Sox View Post
I guess this makes sense, but I can play on a new account fine, just not on my main account. That's what doesn't make sense to me. You must login or register to view this content.

got the same prob just got email back from them
Your account has been banned from playing online Multiplayer on Black Ops 2.

It is not possible to change the status of a ban or discuss any details of a specific account in any way. You can view our Security & Enforcement Policy using the following link;
You must login or register to view this content.

Thank you.
11-27-2012, 08:34 PM #51
spudeeelad
I defeated!
I wiped my HDD and I still can't get online with any of my 'primary' accounts. Only with the new one I created.
11-27-2012, 09:05 PM #52
Swifter
The Swift One
Originally posted by spudeeelad View Post
I wiped my HDD and I still can't get online with any of my 'primary' accounts. Only with the new one I created.

Ahww... I was just about to PM you wondering if you could get online (with your primary) by any chance if this worked or if you returned or sold your copy.... Huh so you too ay :/ been well over 3+days i waited since last time i got "server not available" on my main account & Same, i backed up my data & quick formatted my HDD & but still can't connect "...try again later" *sigh*

upsetting/depressing it is a lil, other people taking online multiplayer for granted playing having fun/enjoying, also bastard kids boosting & xp or zombie modding/hosting & not getting banned... And but we can't even play online legit :( sad...
Last edited by Swifter ; 11-27-2012 at 10:00 PM.

The following 3 users say thank you to Swifter for this useful post:

|ManiaC|, Meatwad, The Rangers
11-27-2012, 09:17 PM #53
The Rangers
At least I can fight
Originally posted by Swifter View Post
Ahww... I was just about to PM you wondering if you could get online (with you primary) by any chance if this worked (or if you returned or sold your copy).... Huh so you too ay :/ been well over 3+days i waited since last time i got "server not available" on my main account & Same, i backed up my data & quick formatted my HDD & but still can't connect "...try again later" *sigh*

upsetting/depressing it is a lil, other people taking online multiplayer for granted playing having fun/enjoying, also bastard kids boosting & xp or zombie modding/hosting & not getting banned... And but we can't even play online legit :( sad...
laughed a lot at that bit hahahah
11-27-2012, 09:52 PM #54
slim355
You talkin to me?
Originally posted by spudeeelad View Post

Yeap, appears the my primary is not allowed on the servers either.
But I couldn't even get new accounts on the server untill I used a blank HDD or deleted my homebrew and modified patches
11-28-2012, 12:24 AM #55
Dacoco
I void warranties.
Could I Format my Harddrive Instead Of Getting A Blank One?

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo